The Office of Student Involvement actively strives to provide opportunities for students to enhance their leadership capacity and strengthen their campus engagement. Through environments that are socially just, culturally engaged, and civically involved, the office will enrich the students overall educational experience.
PILLARS OF SALUKI SUCCESS
UPDATES FROM STUDENT INVOLVEMENT
1. Involvement Ambassador Applications are available!
Have you had a wonderful experience while being involved in an RSO or leadership experience on-campus? Do you want the opportunity to help other students get involved? If so, you should apply to be an Involvement Ambassador! Applications are due by noon on Friday, May 1st! For further information regarding this experience please check out our OrgSync application at the following link: https://orgsync.com/18656/forms/142609.
2. RSO Certification Process
All RSOs are required to re-certify their organization once a year in order to remain in good standing with the Office of Student Involvement. If an RSO does not re-register on a yearly basis it will hinder their ability to do many things, including but not limited to:
- Obtain a solicitation permit;
- Access their RSO financial account through the Student Life office;
- Reserve any meeting space on-campus;
- Apply for Undergraduate Student Government funding
Beginning the week of May 4th, RSOs will be required to re-register their organization by participating in an “RSO Orientation” and updating their OrgSync account.
During the week of May 4th, we will have in person RSO Orientations on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 5th from 5-5:30pm in the Kaskaskia/MO Room in the Student Center
- Thursday, May 7th from 12-12:30pm in the Kaskaskia/MO Room in the Student Center
- Monday, May 11th from 3:30-4pm in the Kaskaskia/MO Room in the Student Center
**Please note that all individuals will be required to bring their Student ID to the RSO Orientation that they attend.
The following individuals will be required to participate in an RSO Orientation:
- The individual that will serve as the Primary Officer of the RSO (i.e. President, Director, etc)
- Any individuals that will be serving as the Financial Officer of the RSO.
- Any individuals that will be serving as the Scheduling Officer of the RSO.
**Please note that the above individuals do not need to all attend the same RSO Orientation.
At the beginning of the 2015-16 academic year, we will hold additional in-person RSO Orientations. However, during the summer the Student Involvement staff will be working on putting a videotaped version of one of our RSO Orientations on our website so that students may watch it in their own time if they cannot attend one of our meetings. We will inform everyone as to when the online RSO Orientation will be ready.
If you chose to complete your yearly RSO Orientation online, there will be a small test that goes along with it. However, if you attend one of our RSO Orientations in person you will not need to take the test.
Please do not forget to update your OrgSync profile as a part of your yearly re-certification process. It is important that all of your RSO officers and advisor are listed within your OrgSync page.
Once your RSOs profile has been updated, your Advisor will receive notification via e-mail that they need to approve the changes. It is very IMPORTANT that your Advisor does this. If they do not do this, it means that your RSO has NOT completed the re-certification process.
Thank you very much for working with us through this process. We are working to continue to create the best possible process for our student leaders. If you have any questions please contact Heather Brake by phone at 618-453-5714 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.