Become a successful student leader at SIU and make a difference on campus! Apply to be an Emerging Saluki and get started on your leadership journey!
The Emerging Salukis Program is a 9-week leadership development program exclusively for full time, undergraduate students. Participants will gain practical experiences they need to be become strong student leaders at SIU. In the program, you will work with other students to explore leadership, campus resources, and the talents you each already have, all with the goal of making SIU a more compassionate, courageous, and responsible place! Participation is FREE and space is limited.
The application period is closed for the fall semester. If you’d like to join Emerging Salukis, continue to check back for more information on the Spring 2020 program!
The Emerging Salukis Mission
To provide students with the skills they need to serve as courageous, compassionate, and responsible leaders.
Our goals for the Emerging Salukis Program are to:
- Provide the necessary resources to effectively step into leadership roles across campus and beyond
- Provide the space to construct personal and shared definitions of leadership
- Facilitate opportunities for self-discovery
- Connect students with campus and community resources
- Foster interpersonal connections that extend beyond involvement in the program
- Instill a sense of shared purpose and mattering