Become a successful student leader at SIU and make a difference on campus! Apply to be an Emerging Saluki and get started on your leadership journey!
The Emerging Salukis Program is a leadership development program exclusively for full-time, students. Participants will gain the practical experiences they need to become strong student leaders at SIU. In the program, you will work with other students to explore leadership, local resources, professional development, and the talents you already have. Participation is FREE!
Meeting dates are from 5 pm-6:30 pm on the following dates:
- October 23, 2023
- November 6, 2023
- November 13, 2023
- November 27, 2023
- December 11, 2023 (Emerging Salukis Graduation and Banquet)
Applications are now Open for Fall 2023. Apply today by clicking the button below! Applications are due October 16, 2023! Email email@example.com with any questions.Emerging Salukis Application Form
The Emerging Salukis Mission
To provide students with the skills they need to serve as courageous, compassionate, and responsible leaders.
Our goals for the Emerging Salukis Program are to:
- Provide the necessary resources to effectively step into leadership roles across campus and beyond
- Provide the space to construct personal and shared definitions of leadership
- Facilitate opportunities for self-discovery
- Connect students with campus and community resources
- Foster interpersonal connections that extend beyond involvement in the program
- Instill a sense of shared purpose and mattering